Ioniplex translocates rapidly through cellular membranes which makes it highly bioavailable. Inside cells, it is capable of stimulating mitochondrial metabolism by up to 23%7. Thus, Ioniplex appears to protect and enhance cellular health in two distinct ways: by gaining a higher level of access to cells, and by increasing the metabolic rate of mitochondria.
Ioniplex is a proprietary fulvic ionic mineral complex, containing upwards of 65 major, minor and trace minerals, which are sourced from unique mineraloid veins located throughout North America. Millions of years ago, these areas were lush with vegetation, that overtime, were compressed into the earth- forming carbon-based compounds known as “humates” or “humic substances” that are rich in minerals and fulvic acid. Mineral BioSciences® (MBS) carefully identifies, segregates and recovers this material and transports it to our state of the art facility in Goodyear, Arizona. Here it undergoes a complex, patented organic extraction process where the mineral rich fulvic material is extracted from the humic. The resultant product is analytically tested for quality assurance, then stored in bulk to eventually be bottled or dehydrated into a water-soluble powder, for use in a broad spectrum of health and personal care products.
Ioniplex contains naturally occurring fulvic acid, the result is an ionic material full of electrolytes, macro and micro-nutrients for optimal health. Some of the benefits of fulvic acid are: enhanced nutrient absorption, improved immune support and performance as a chelation agent.
bi • o • a • vail • a bil • i • ty
the proportion of a substance that enters the circulation when introduced into the body and so is able to have an effect.
The effectiveness of any mineral supplement depends on its bioavailability. For example, Calcium is available in many forms (calcium citrate, calcium carbonate, oyster shell calcium etc.) each with varying levels of bioavailability, all of which deliver only fractions of the labeled ingredient to target organs. Ioniplex is classified as highly bioavailable, thus allowing it to penetrate through cellular membranes and deliver its full impact to metabolic sites within cells.
Description of Test: Bioavailability
To study bioavailability, human cells were incubated with Ioniplex to measure:
1. Binding: The binding of Ioniplex to cells.
2. Intracellular Delivery: The delivery of Ioniplex within cells, using cell-permeant mineral binding dye (Mg-Green AM).
3. Intracellular Detoxification: The detoxification properties of Ioniplex within cells using cell-permeant mineral binding dye (Calcein AM). In the first experiment, cells were incubated with either 5% Ioniplex or double-distilled water for 45 minutes, followed by rinsing. Cells were observed with an epiflourescence microscope, in order to visualize and capture the intrinsic fluorescence of Ioniplex.
1. Binding: When cells were rinsed and subjected to fluorescence quantification, it was found that the signal in the Ioniplex treated cultures was over 10 times higher than the treated controls. Therefore, it can be concluded that Ioniplex associates with cells or cell membranes – a strong indication of its bioavailability.
2. Intracellular Delivery: The quantification of Mg-Green AM fluorescence, which is proportional to the concentration of intracellular magnesium, showed an overall increase in Ioniplex in treated cell populations.
3. Intracellular Detoxification: Microscopic observations of the Calcein AM-loaded cells revealed an increase of Calcein fluorescence in the Ioniplex-treated cells. Calcein AM fluorescence increases when the amount of pro-oxidant ions such as cobalt, nickel, iron, and copper decreases. Pro-oxidants induce oxidative stress, therefore, the intracellular increase of Calcein AM in Ioniplex treated cells demonstrates Ioniplex’s detoxification / scavenging activity. Together, these results indicate that Ioniplex is a bioavailable vehicle capable of binding cells, delivering ionic mineral payloads inside cells, while detoxifying them by chelating pro-oxidative ions (Fig. 2).
Fig. 2 | Bioavailability Panels
Epiflourescent (left panels) and corresponding bright-field (right panels) images of Calcein AM-loaded control (A,B) and Ioniplex-treated (C,D) human cells. Note the appearance of fluorescent signal in Ioniplex-treated cells, suggestive of calcein de-quenching. Mag x40.
About Mineral BioSciences
Mineral Biosciences is an affiliate of the larger Global Organics® Group of companies. Founded over 20 years ago on the belief that “Nature Knows Best®,” Global Organics develops signature mineral products that are proven to enhance the health of people, animals, and the environment.
For more information about Mineral BioSciences, or to interview Managing Partner/CEO, Luke Blotsky, please contact Sarah Van Wyk at email@example.com or visit www.mineralbiosciences.com.
For more information on our research, please download our White Paper here: Ioniplex White Paper_1.25.17